Since 2016 Connection Silicon Valley (CSV) has focused on helping Canadian startups connect into the Silicon Valley tech ecosystem; gain quick, early traction in their business; and access global funding sources.
The Access to Global Capital (A2GC) Accelerator program is designed specifically to help Alberta startups navigate the extensive, and often ambiguous, early-stage ecosystem towards their first institutional fundraise.
They are committed to connecting the Canadian startup ecosystem to Silicon Valley, and the world.
They have run 16 accelerator programs, supported over 180 startups, made 1000’s connections, and engaged with 100’s founders, operators, and executives as speakers, mentors, and pitch support.
Why Join them
Three big reasons why startups fail:
- Gap in Foundational Knowledge – including a lack of understanding of key fundraising elements such as cap-tables and venture economics; in-depth market assessment and a growth mindset.
- Gap in Business Model – including unsatisfactory validation of problem-solution fit, product-market fit, and an unclear understanding of the target customer and consumer behavior patterns.
- Gap in Execution – including rushing to raise without a strategy, minimal or no metrics including a clear plan to reach milestones and build traction, or the inability to identify business risks and/or de-risking them.
What they Do
Their curriculum-based virtual program helps companies from Pre-Seed to Series A navigate the best of Silicon Valley. Startups benefit from their unique network of influencers, investors, founders, corporate executives, and mentors.
Their signature A2GC program includes the following program features:
- Phase 1: 10 foundational workshops that focuses on fundraising, market messaging, go-to-market, business strategy, sales & product-market fit.
- Phase 2: 1-1 coaching, mentorship, and execution sprints designed to provide rapid acceleration and investment readiness to qualifying startups.
Together, this 6-month program is an outcome-driven sprint where entrepreneurs and startup teams leave well-positioned for a successful fundraise and future growth to their next inflection point.
- Based in the Edmonton or Calgary region;
- MVP established or Product in Market (exceptions for Life Science companies);
- Looking to raise Pre-Seed or Seed capital within the next year.