Venture Catalyst Space consists of an accelerator and incubator running simultaneously to facilitate your journey through the program and help grow your startup.
In September 2017, the South Australian Government created the South Australian Space Industry Centre (SASIC) to drive space industry innovation, research and entrepreneurial development.
The Venture Catalyst Space program began shortly after in 2018, supported by the Space Innovation Fund, to give founders the support and tools needed to plan and successfully execute a scalable and investment-ready space business.
With over 60+ space companies in South Australia, the space industry has been made more accessible by new technological developments, as well as by global market leaders who have started a significant transformation in the industry.
If your startup or idea uses space technology or data, they want to hear from you. Apply now and join the space industry in the home of the Australian Space Agency and a bustling space startup community.
Who Can Apply?
- Anyone globally.
- Applications from teams of two to four people are strongly encouraged.
- If you are applying from outside of Australia, they would encourage you to submit your application as early as possible. Your application for the program will need to be approved before you can submit your SISA Visa application
- The Space category participants will also have the opportunity to apply for an overseas tour as party of their program to network with relevant space industry experts and other startups;
- Space applicants may also have access to relocation grants. See FAQs for more information.
- A short application form outlining the business concept and addressing the three key criteria;
- A two-minute video introducing the concept and the team to the selection panel.
- Download and fill out the application form. Applicants must also send a link to their two-minute video to complement their application form.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be asked to attend an informal discussion with the members of the program potentially on short notice.
- An assessment panel will review your application, and the outcomes from your discussion with the program members.
- The Assessment Panel will endeavour to notify you of the outcome of your application as soon as possible. Decisions of the Assessment Panel are final.
- Program agreements will be signed with successful projects and startups. Planning and work commence.