This Accelerator Program for India provides mentorship, consulting, and investment to help them grow their businesses and employ more people who are most in need of stable, dignified jobs.
Upaya’s entrepreneurs are the backbone of their mission to create dignified jobs for the poorest of the poor. They work with early-stage social entrepreneurs who have the passion and ambition to end extreme poverty.
Upaya is joining forces with Yunus Social Business to support early-stage entrepreneurs to build business and investment readiness capacity. Taking place over the course of five months, the program includes four immersive modules designed to equip entrepreneurs with the knowledge and connections to grow their businesses. Participants will receive technical training and one-on-one consulting support from the experienced teams of Upaya and YSB. The participating entrepreneurs also meet and network with industry experts, investors, and peer entrepreneurs.
In the wake of the pandemic, the joint program will focus on using the lens of building resilient social businesses through the course of the program. The 2022 program brings together industry experts and guest speakers to bring essential knowledge, capacity, and networks to rising entrepreneurs, equipping them with the tools to access investment and grow their ventures.
- Investment Readiness Training: Four immersive modules, combined with individualized one-on-one support from the Upaya and YSB teams to help entrepreneurs build key skills in business strategy, financial planning, and impact management.
- Business Model & Strategy: Refining your business model and strategy for growth using a lens of building for business resilience.
- Finance & Fundraising: Prepare your financial model for investors, choose the right type of capital for your business, and learn the technical aspects of fundraising.
- Social Impact: Learn to measure your impact by understanding and applying practical tools for your business.
- Communications: Learn to tell your story and build your pitch deck for investors.
- Customised Support & Investor Connect: Through the course of the program, get feedback on your business model, strategy and pitch, insights from investors through individual connections and virtual pitch sessions.
- Taking place over the course of five months, the program will include four immersive modules designed to equip entrepreneurs with the knowledge and connections to grow your businesses.
- Upaya and YSB’s experienced teams, along with mentors will provide customised support to refine your business model, build your strategy, track your business growth and create a fundraising roadmap.
- Strengthen impact-first thinking through focused capacity building around Impact management and measurement
- Participants meet and network with investors, industry experts and peer entrepreneurs.
- Participants will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses to Upaya and other investors for funding.
- Opportunity for up to three businesses to receive Upaya investment of USD 50,000 investment. In addition, YSB will also screen participating businesses for a debt investment of upto USD 150,000.