In partnership with Hello Alice, Alibaba.com is awarding $500000 to help U.S. online entrepreneurs bring their innovative product and/or go-to-market ideas to life through the Alibaba.com Grants Program. Fifty recipients will each receive $10,000 to support their business.
- Fifty recipients will each receive a $10,000 grant
- To be eligible to enter a business in the Program, you (“Officer”) must be all of the following as of the first day of the Program Period: (a) a business owner who is the leading executive (i.e. Founder and/or President, CEO, CFO, COO, or any such other similar title) of a business that meets the below business criteria; (b) a legal resident of applicant’s country of resident; (c) eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 in AL and NE) (“Entrant”).
- To be eligible to participate in the program, the business (“Entrant”) must meet all of the following criteria as of the first day of the Program Period:
- Must have a new or existing Alibaba.com account, and
- Must have an innovative product idea or go-to-market strategy.
The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor, which may include completing associated documentation.
- Sponsor may disqualify any Entry that, as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination:
- contains any material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory,defamatory, slanderous, libelous, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate;
- is submitted in bad faith, is inappropriate, or otherwise violates these Official Rules;
- is submitted by an Entrant or Officer who is ineligible or noncompliant with these Official Rules; and/or,
- is submitted by any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Program or the Hello Alice website, who acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, who violates these Official Rules, or about whom a background check provides unsatisfactory results.
- If there is a dispute about who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Officer and the business identified in the Entry will be deemed the Entrant for the Program. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Officer may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.