The Government of South Australia has established a Business Support Grant to support South Australian businesses and organizations that employ staff and whose turnover has significantly declined as a result of COVID-19 health restrictions since 20 July 2021.
- The Business Support Grant (employing business) grant amount is $3,000 per eligible business.
Employing businesses are eligible to apply for a Business Support Grant provided they meet the following criteria: At the start of the COVID-19 health restriction period of 12:01 am Tuesday 20 July 2021:
- Have a valid and active Australian business number (ABN) and were carrying on the operation of a business in South Australia.
- Employ people in South Australia.*
- Have an annual turnover of more than $75,000 (excluding GST) in either 2019-20 or 2020-21 and be registered for GST.
- Have total Australian payroll of less than $10 million in 2019-20.
- Experienced at least a 30 per cent reduction in turnover in the week defined as Tuesday 20 July 2021 – Monday 26 July 2021 (inclusive) (compared to the prior 7-day period) due to restricted trading conditions^^.
- The enterprise does not engage in illegal activity.
* To be considered an employee, staff must be under the control of the business, receive regular PAYG salary or wages, and have Pay As You Go Withholding amounts as well as superannuation paid by the employer. An owner, partner, or beneficiary of a trust is not considered to be an employee for the purpose of this grant.
^^ Businesses will be required to declare a reduction in turnover due to restricted trading conditions. They will not be required to provide any supporting information at the time of application but will be required to retain supporting information that could be made available if required such as:
- Turnover comparison data for the week prior to the assessment period;
- Emails or texts to or from clients or suppliers detailing cancelled orders or appointments;
- Receipts for refunds provided;
- Invoices or delivery dockets;
- Appointment/scheduling platform, demonstrating cancelled appointments or bookings; and / or
- Screenshots of cancelled events.
Applicants must certify that they meet the eligibility criteria when submitting an online application.
Applicants will be subject to audit by the Government of South Australia or its representatives and will be required to produce evidence at the request of the Government for a period of 2 years after the grant has been approved. If any information in applications is found to be false or misleading, the grant will be repayable on demand.