Are you a collegiate female founder of color needing a jumpstart for your business? Learn more and apply for the WBENC 2021 Collegiate Women of Color Grant Powered by Cummins Inc. to compete for the chance to be awarded a financial business grant.
WBENC and Cummins Inc. are excited to team up again in 2021 to provide business grants and educational opportunities to minority female student entrepreneurs and recent graduates.
They are working to address this disparity with the WBENC 2021 Collegiate Women of Color Grant Powered by Cummins Inc., a funding initiative to support emerging minority female entrepreneurs with innovative companies focused in the areas of STEM and sustainability.
- The grant program will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place financial grants of $10,000, $7,000, and $3,000 to minority female entrepreneurs currently enrolled in college or university, or recently graduated within the last six months.
- Entrepreneurs selected for interviews will also receive specific training for business owners provided by Cummins Inc. Preference will be given to businesses in STEM fields, that address a sustainable future and that have a demonstrated need for funding.
- Pursue grant funding to move your business to the next level
- Gain experience presenting and sharing information about your business
- Generate exposure for your business among WBENC Corporate Members and the network overall
- Access expertise and insights from corporate and business leaders
Who Should Apply
- Female entrepreneurs of color
- Collegiate level; undergrad, graduate or doctorate; or recent graduate (within the last 6 months)
- Preference will be given to businesses:
- In STEM Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields
- Address a sustainable future
- Have a demonstrated need for funds.
Rules & Regulations
- The program will be open to women of color/all minority ethnicities.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at least part-time within the last 6 months.
- Preference will be given to applicants in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields.
- Applicants must complete the full application on time for consideration, including a 60-second video about your venture.
- The selection process will include a mandatory 30-minute virtual interview with WBENC and Cummins between October 20-22 for select candidates held on Zoom.
- Grant awardees must participate in the November 5 “Meet the Awardees” virtual celebration from 12-1pm ET held on Zoom.
- Grant awardees must attend Intellectual Property and Commercial Law training which will be conducted during the week of November 8 by Cummins prior to grant funds being allocated.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- WBENC and Cummins will review all grant applications and determine awards based on specific scoring criteria and demonstrated need.