EduSpaze is Singapore’s first edtech accelerator supported by Enterprise Singapore, the enterprise development agency. It aims to nurture a vibrant edtech startup ecosystem that serves the education sector in Singapore and Southeast Asia.
Eduspaze helps early stage edtech startups go to market, accelerate their growth, and co-innovate with other stakeholders in the space to address sector-specific challenges with innovative solutions that improve learning outcomes and the impact of education. EduSpaze is a part of Spaze Ventures.
The accelerator programme will run for 10 weeks. Cohort 3 will start on 3 Aug 2021 and end on 12 Oct 2021. Demo Day will be on 13 Oct 2021.
They will invest in the companies that are successfully accepted into the accelerator programme. Investment amount ranges from S$50k to S$500k.
Benefits of Eduspaze
- Seed ($) Funding: They provide seed funding up to S$500K for a small equity stake, based on your valuation.
- 100-day Program: They provide a 100-day acceleration programme, customised for each startup.
- Global Network: They have established a global overseas network, to make expansion easier for you.
- Educators + Mentors: They have Educators-in-Residence (EIR) to help provide an educator’s perspective.
What is the program about?
They have designed the programme to be inclusive and to accommodate teams from overseas. Teams that are accepted into the programme will spend about three and a half months focusing on the following larger topics:
- Education (as a business);
- Evidence and Impact;
- Business Development + Overseas Market Access;
- Funding and Investment;
- Pitching and Demo Day.
They see that the ED is as important as the TECH.
- They accept applications from all countries.
- Ideally companies with a strong interest in Southeast Asia and the Asia Pacific region, where their focus and overseas network partners are.