This Globalstars call for proposals for joint R&D projects has been launched between DoIT and Eureka funding organizations FFG, Innovate UK, NRC-CNRC, and RVO.
Participants are invited to submit joint project proposals in the research and development of innovative products and applications with strong market potential.
This call invites consortia to apply for high-quality R&D projects within the scope of the call. The participating funding organizations welcome project proposals in the fields of:
- Semiconductors and photonics (integrated circuits)
- Cyber security
- Smart manufacturing
- Technology for upcycling/ recycling of material
- Digital platform/ solutions to support the transition towards circular economy
- Bio-based materials
- Resource recovery from industrial processes
These should be collaborative research and innovation projects that tackle challenges in subtopics mentioned, resulting in innovative and marketable solutions.
Your project must meet the following criteria:
- The consortium should include at least two organisations that are independent from each other, one (for profit) company from Taiwan and one (for profit) company from one of the participating Eureka countries/regions.
- The project must be directed at researching or developing an innovative product, process or service with the goal of commercialisation.
- The product, process or service must be innovative, and there must be a technological risk involved for all involved partners.
- The project must benefit all involved partners.
- No individual organisation, or participating economy, can be responsible for more than 70% of the total eligible costs of a project.
- The project should have an obvious benefit and added value resulting from the technological cooperation between the participants (e.g. increased knowledge base, commercial leads, access to R&D infrastructure, etc.).
- The product, process or service must be innovative and have the potential to create impact.
- A signed consortium agreement is required upon approval, before the actual start of the project. It ought to include, amongst other things, the ownership and use of know-how and IPR settlements.
- The maximum duration of a project may not exceed 36 months.
- The project must have a civilian purpose.
Any partner whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with these criteria can apply to this call in accordance with laws, rules, regulations, and procedures in effect, on a non-exchange of funds basis, and subject to budgetary availability.
The amount of funding available per project partner is subject to the respective rules and regulations of the participating funding bodies.
You are strongly advised, before submitting your application, to contact your funding body using the contact form below to check the eligibility of your project.
Partners from other Eureka countries/regions or outside of Eureka can also participate, but they will not be funded by the funding bodies participating in this call. These partners must secure their own funding within the deadlines for this call.