FinTech startups with a special focus on Remittance Solutions (RemTech) and/or Cross-Border Money Transfer? This is for you!
They want to find and grow startups focused on better, faster and cheaper remittances, which are powered by innovative technology-based solutions and support international commitments to lower costs and improve the development-oriented use of remittances (UN Sustainable Development Goals) and GCM (Global Compact on Migration).
Benefits for Fintech Startups
- Content and training on growth strategies;
- Business modelling;
- Regulatory environment;
- Investment readiness.
- Connect with different stakeholders;
- Create business value;
- Exposure to different business cultures;
- Create a community of founders and supporters such as investors.
During the accelerator, startups will also learn about internationalization and negotiation skills. Founders can participate in one-on-one pitch training and optional expert sessions about FinTech, marketing and sales.
- A live-streaming Demo Day open to investors, business leaders and other founders who will be able to watch the event live on YouTube. Demo Days average about 1200 viewers.
- All founders will be invited to join a “speed-dating” event. You will have a chance to personally pitch your idea to investors in a one-on-one setting.
Unique Learning Platform
- Founders can connect with each other, mentors or speakers anytime.
- Each startup will have a profile, an inbox and messaging abilities.
- Streaming video – Events will be hosted in TQ’s virtual studio and will be recorded for access later in different time zones.
They will select 10 startups to participate in the accelerator. Startups should meet these pre-selection criteria:
- You are a FinTech startup with a special focus on Remittance Solutions (RemTech) and/or Cross-Border Money Transfer.
- Your startup is early stage, preferably with a tested Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Your startup operates in the countries listed below (PMD partner countries).
- Your startup must aim to increase the positive impact of remittances.
- You have sufficient levels of English and are ready to fully commit to the program.
- Your founder team has at least two people.
Preference will be given to female (co-)founders and business ideas that have relevance for UN SDGs/Agenda 2030 (e.g. climate, environment, gender, health, education) and/or offer South-South solutions.