Metro Bank Magic Makers is a startup accelerator programme in partnership with corporate innovation specialists, L Marks with the aim of finding innovative solutions to help the bank support its customers and local businesses.
They want to collaborate with startups and help them to take their business to the next level. They’re interested in all startups that can help them, in one or more of the categories described. Your startup needn’t be at the very beginning of its journey. Maybe you have a product already, maybe you even have paying customers. If you feel that your startup could benefit from working with them then they’d love to receive your application.
Applications are currently being sought from startups that are disrupting and innovating in one of the following areas:
- Metro Bank’s Magic Moments: Metro Bank always strives to offer something extra, so they’re on the look-out for any innovative ideas or interesting solutions which can help them to create more of those ‘Metro Bank Magic Moments’. They’re keen to hear about new ideas which will provide a clear benefit to their customers, whether that’s improving the service they provide, new ways of doing things or even innovative tech that will change how they manage everyday regulatory processes.
- Operational Efficiency & Automation: The provision of excellent customer support is paramount at Metro Bank – whether that’s in store, online or on the phone. With that in mind, they’re seeking startups that can provide technical solutions to further improve how they do just that. Those solutions could be anything from new automated technology to connecting multiple systems to one network, but at their core they should be solutions that can help the Metro Bank teams to create FANs.
- Data Analytics for Customer Insights: Recognising the need to continue to offer products that truly serve their customers and their individual banking needs, Metro Bank is keen to improve their understanding of what those customers value at different stages of their lives or business. They’re seeking startups with innovative solutions to help them deliver a more personalised journey for those customers, in addition to providing them with excellent experiences to further strengthen their relationship with the brand. Over the course of the 10-week programme, the participating startups will have access to mentorship from Metro Bank senior stakeholders, gain insights from leading experts in the finance sector and will also have the opportunity to test and validate their solutions.
- Companies, entrepreneurs and startups from across the globe are encouraged to apply.
- Bear in mind that you may need a visa to participate in activities in the UK and that you may be required to travel to the UK for certain points during the programme (pandemic restrictions permitting).
Process of Metro Bank Magic Makers
The programme has 4 stages: