Seed-Start grants assist innovative early-stage South Australian businesses with high-growth potential to commercialise products or services that are unique or have a sustainable competitive advantage in national and international markets.
Grant funding is provided to co-fund the costs of delivering a clearly defined project (i.e., a scope of work that has a defined start and end date) that delivers a turning point in the growth of the business and in doing so, generates significant benefits such as revenue growth, export income, local employment or other social benefits to South Australia.
- Encouraging the establishment and growth of innovative young businesses in South Australia that build South Australian capability and capacity.
- Creating more jobs in South Australia, especially in skilled occupations.
- Increasing the number of young South Australian businesses raising private investment.
- Delivering economic, and/or public benefits for South Australia.
Seed-Start Grants Funding
|Level Type||Seed Grants||Start Grants|
|Grant Funding:||Minimum grant: $50,000|
Maximum grant: $100,000
|Minimum grant: $100,001|
Maximum grant: $500,000
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Be a company incorporated in Australia with an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Be a non-tax-exempt business.
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Have an annual turnover of less than $1 million for each of the three financial years prior to the lodgement of the application – this includes the annual turnover for any Related Bodies Corporate.
- Be based or willing to be based in South Australia prior to commencing the project. If based outside of South Australia, there may be special circumstances which merit consideration of an applicant however the State Government may impose a contractual obligation on the applicant (if successful) to relocate and maintain the relevant enterprise (in whole or part) in South Australia.
- An applicant must consider the Assessment Criteria outlined in the section below before applying, including the requirement to provide a strong case for the need for grant funding. An application will not be considered where:
- retrospective grant funding is sought
- other funding sources are deemed better suited to the proposed project.
If an applicant has previously received a grant from the South Australian Government for the same project, or a stage of the project, then the applicant is not entitled to further funding from this program. An applicant is permitted to apply for a different or subsequent stage of the project having demonstrated progress and acquittal of previous funding from the South Australian Government.