West Norriton Township is offering a total of $300,000 in grants via American Rescue Plan funds to assist the local small business community recover from adverse impacts of the Coronavirus.
Award amounts will be based on a number of eligible applications submitted at the conclusion of the application deadline.
- Grant funding must be used for business payroll, rent, mortgage, utility, or COVID mitigation.
- Program period/expenditure time-frame is March 1, 2020-September 1, 2021.
- During the program period, proof of payment must be submitted to document eligible use of grant funds.
- The business recipient will be required to certify that the Township’s assistance is not duplicative of any other funding.
- For-profit business located within West Norriton Township in operation as of March 1, 2020.
- Have incurred a loss of income as a result of Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Enter into a formal, written, funding agreement with West Norriton Township.
- Provide documentation to support expenditure of funds.
- Make every effort to continue business operations through October 1, 2022.
- Retain all related records for 3 years after receipt of grant close out letter.
- If small business closed because of COVID, advise the Township of business closure by letter from Owner with last day of operation and detailed reason for closure.
- Applications should only be submitted by the owner, partner, or authorized corporation member.
- Applications may only be submitted using the online platform.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
Fraud & Repayment
- Applicants are advised that making false statements, concealing information, submitting altered documents, utilizing funds for ineligible purposes, or similar actions are considered fraudulent and may result in repayment of the grant award or other legal action.