South Australia Export Accelerator (SAEA) is a competitive grant program that supports South Australian small to medium-sized enterprises to expand into international markets.
Grant funding is available under three streams:
- Funding of up to $30,000 (minimum $5,000) for SMEs to export. SMEs are required to match the grant funding dollar for dollar.
- SMEs can apply multiple times to a maximum cumulative amount of $30,000. Once this funding has been exhausted, SMEs can apply for the New Market Entry stream.
New Market Entry
- Funding of up to $15,000 (minimum $5,000) for SMEs to export into a new market. SMEs are required to match the grant funding dollar for dollar. Applicants can apply for the New Market Entry funding when they have exhausted their $30,000 allocation under the ‘Export Accelerator’ stream.
- Multiple applications can be submitted for each new market.
Consortium (New funding stream)
- Funding of up to $200,000 (minimum of $50,000) for consortiums of at least three SMEs to undertake collaborative export activities, on a matched funding dollar for dollar basis.
- Joint activities include, but are not limited to, joint retail/distribution channel campaigns, eCommerce marketing, branding and freight optimisation and consolidation.
- An industry association is eligible to apply for this stream as long as they demonstrate financial commitment from its participating members to undertake the proposed activities.
- Be a registered South Australian business or have significant business operations based in South Australia.
- Have an ABN, be registered for GST and have a minimum annual turnover of $75,000.
- Be from, or supporting, one of the following Growth State priority sectors (a consortium bid does not require the companies to be from the same sector):
- Creative industries
- Defence industries
- Energy and mining
- Food, wine and agribusiness
- Health and medical industries
- International education
- Space industries
- Have less than 200 FTE employees working for their business.
- Have generated sales revenue for a minimum of 24 months in South Australia.
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information (e.g. financial statements) for the past 24 months as required.
- Have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is produced in South Australia.
- Be able to enter into a legally binding grant agreement with the South Australian Government.
- Be able to commit and make a financial contribution that matches the grant funding requested dollar for dollar, with evidence of available matched funding.
- Have not received or sought funding from another source (such as local, state or the Australian Government) to support proposed activity.
- Have met, if relevant, all grant agreement obligations associated with active SA Export Accelerator Grants from previous rounds.