Applications for the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator are now open
They’re looking for innovative, forward-thinking technology start-ups who have clean energy solutions to help accelerate the energy transition. Does that sound like you? Discover all you need to know about the accelerator and submit your application today.
Companies chosen for the accelerator will receive up to a £100,000 grant and expert help from our delivery partners and mentors on:
- Testing your value proposition and business model with technical experts from potential industrial customers across the value chain;
- Creating a minimum viable product or prototype;
- Pitching to customers at Demo Day;
- Securing field trials to pilot your solution with the industry, including bp, Equinor and their other partners;
- Structuring capital raising and pitches to investors, before putting it into practice on Investor Day;
- Building diverse teams;
- Connecting into the Net Zero Technology Centre’s extensive energy industry network and maximising the benefit;
- Structuring your business optimally from a legal and tax perspective;
- Creating and developing your brand;
- Complying with regulation and anticipating regulatory changes;
- Protecting your IP, developing an IP strategy and applying for patents.
They are interested in early-stage start-ups with technology solutions in the following areas:
- Renewable energy technologies, hydrogen and other clean fuels:
- Carbon capture, usage and storage;
- Oil and gas emission reduction technologies.
Aligning with the Net Zero Technology Centre’s core values, the Clean Energy Accelerator facilitates an inclusive environment that thrives on diversity of thought. For the accelerator’s fourth cohort in 2022, TechX’s aim is for 30% of shortlisted start-ups to be led by females (either by a female CEO or by another senior female leader with an equity stake in the company). In addition:
- They will continue to deliver the accelerator programme virtually to open the door to some flexible working with an aim to broaden the application pool;
- They will ensure that the judging panel for our finalist pitch day retains a 50% gender split;
- TechX will deliver a dedicated session on the benefits of building diverse teams and advisory boards as part of the programme, with the expectation that participating start-ups will incorporate more diversity in their teams;
- Their aspiration is by 2025 to have at least 40% of start-ups that graduate from the TechX Clean Energy Accelerator to be female-led.