Venture for Africa is a 3-month fellowship program designed to immerse top global talent in the African startup landscape. They partner with Africa’s fastest-growing startups to co-design an experience that enables fellows to quickly gain relevant skills and in-market knowledge, complete real project work, and get fast-tracked to apply for a full-time role in their field.
VFA was created by a team of former colleagues who have seen this challenge first-hand, to provide talent a landing pad in the African startup ecosystem, exposing them to local market nuances, offering expert-led training specific to key roles and introducing them to leading startups looking to hire now
Applications are now open and can be accessed through the organisation’s website. Interested candidates can find open roles ranging from marketing, to finance, to operations, data science and engineering, and apply online.
This is how it works:
- Get Matched: Fellows are matched with specific roles relevant to their skillsets. Fellowship programs are co-created with VFA startup partners.
- Get Immersed: Fellows spend 3 months in their roles, during which they are immersed in local context, receive training from expert mentors and get to understand market nuances.
- Get Working: Fellows work on real project deliverables for their assigned. startups. Final projects are presented to the startup team, and fellows receive feedback.
- Get Hired: While full time roles are not guaranteed, fellows are fast-tracked through ordinary application processes for full-time roles at startup partners.
Value & Duration
- This 3-month, full-time remote fellowship enables talented individuals from anywhere in the world to dive into work with high-growth startups in Kenya who are busier than ever amid the COVID-19 crisis.
- Fellows also receive a stipend for their work for the duration of the program.
- Exceptional talent from across Africa and the Diaspora.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is ongoing.