The Downtown Long Beach Alliance’s (DLBA) Woman-Owned Business Grant Accelerator, in partnership with the Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship at California State University Long Beach and Fuller Management Corporation, and powered by Farmers & Merchants Bank is designed to assist existing women-owned businesses in Downtown Long Beach.
The Woman-Owned Business Grant program provides targeted business assistance and grant funds to support costs associated with recruiting, retaining, or expanding – creating more jobs in Downtown Long Beach.
The program will award up to five women-owned businesses, not to exceed $10,000 in total award money. Companies that are “pre-revenue” will be considered and encouraged to apply. Preference is given to businesses supporting online/digital customer acquisition strategies. In addition, to grant funding, selected winners will be required to participate in a four-part workshop series provided by California State University, Long Beach’s Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, covering the following topics:
- Competitive analysis;
- Supply chain management;
- Knowing your customer;
- Social & digital marketing; and
- Financial management tools.
And receive one-on-one business development advisement from Fuller Management Corporation, not to exceed a six-month term.
- Must be located or willing to locate within the DLBA’s Downtown Business & Parking Improvement Area (DPBIA);
- Must be a for-profit or not-for-profit business;
- Must have an active Downtown Long Beach business license or in the process of obtaining a business license located within the DPBIA boundaries;
- Must have less than 24 employees;
- Up to five winners with a total award amount of $10,000.