Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, is offering at least 20 Women in Innovation Awards to female entrepreneurs across the UK. The winners will receive a £50,000 grant and a bespoke package of mentoring, coaching, and business support.
The aim of this competition is to find women with exciting, innovative ideas and ambitious plans that will inspire others. The awards are for female founders, co-founders, or senior decision-makers working in businesses that have been operating for at least one year.
Applicants must be confident, with the support of an award, that they can make a significant contribution to a pressing societal, environmental or economic challenge through their innovative project.
The competition is split into 2 phases. In phase 1 the application will be assessed by independent experts. In phase 2 the shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by a panel of experts.
How much is the funding?
- Each award will provide £50,000 of funding.
- Projects must start on 1 April 2022 and will last for one year.
To be eligible for an award you must:
- Be a female founder, co-founder or senior decision maker within a UK registered micro or SME business which has been operating for at least 12 months by the competition closing date;
- Carry out your project work in the UK;
- Intend to exploit the results from or in the UK;
- Be legally and contractually able to use the funding.
- Be available to attend an online interview panel during the week beginning 6 December 2021;
- Attend 2 bootcamps over one and a half days each on the 16 and 17 March 2022 and in September 2022.
- Be fully committed to work as a role model for up to 5 days over the duration of the award.